Thursday, June 14, 2018

Musket Balusters


OK for the second day in a row, I must confess that Ann gave me the subject for my blog!  She said "Did you see the muskets on the stairs coming in to the armory?  Actually I hadn't because I didn't come in the front door - the signs that I followed had me enter the basement and take an elevator up to the gallery.  So on the way out, I took note of these, AND, of course I had to stop and photograph them.  I should have tapped on these to see what they are made of, but I am guessing that they are cast iron, which is what you would usually use for things like balusters.  Very cool architectural detail for an armory!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so creative and cool. I'm glad Ann mentioned it to you. I think of the musket hanging over Grandpa Clarke's fireplace.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Oh right! I forgot about that! I think that Paul has that now.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! betsey