Saturday, July 29, 2023

The World in a Brick


I decided it was time to power wash the patio.  I need to do that about twice a year because moss and lichen grow on the bricks.  So I was blasting away with the water on the bricks, making them look like new.  Until I came to this brick.  It was so thick with lichen that it stood out from all the rest of the bricks.  So I cleaned all around it and left this one.  To me it seemed a bit like a landscape or some world that was different.  It is rich in color and design, I thought.


So here is what the patio and walkways look like now.  And if you look carefully, you can find the single green brick in amongst all these others!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the little specks of orange/terra cotta peeking through all that moss & lichen. Cool photo! The patio looks really nice after getting power washed. Time to relax outside…Betsey