Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Almost Gone


I haven't been to the city in a month or two, so my first thought was, "How will the Pennsylvania Hotel look now?  Will it be down to the ground?"  Well, as you can see, there still seems to be two stories still standing.  But it is a long way from when I photographed it last August.  Look at how tall it is, it blots out the whole sky!  August 2022


Here you can see that perhaps there is only one story, as seen from the side street to the south.


There was a gate, made up of pipe and chain link fence, and I was able to put my lens right up to the space between the pipes of the gate, to show you that there is still a complete first story.  But you can't tell from this if there is a complete second story.


And of course the stunning thing is to be able to see the Empire State Building over the remaining floors which have yet to have been demolished.

 

No comments: