Friday, July 14, 2023

What's This Thing Doing?


This barge can be seen from the beach at the end of our street.  I am not sure when I first noticed it, but today I walked out on the beach at mid-tide and then walked north toward it and took this photograph.  In the high resolution version I can see what looks like wood pilings in a random pile on the deck of the barge.  I wonder if the machine is pulling old pilings out of the water.  I asked a friend who might know, and I will be sure and let you know if I find out.  At least it makes the "landscape" look different for a bit.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aahh! Intriguing! Strange looking barge. Looking forward to finding out some answers…Betsey

Anonymous said...

Another nice photo of the water. It would be nice to think they are trying to keep the harbor clean. Trace