We were on the way home after doing some errands and as we drove back along shore road I saw these brilliant white clouds, with the much darker gray clouds above them. I have never seen anything like this in all the years I have lived here! I quickly pulled over, grabbed my camera and took this photograph. Notice the different reflections in the water, with the white clouds leaving a brighter reflection. Notice that it is a bit more gray under the center area of the white clouds. That gray color is either rain coming down from the clouds, or it could br "virga" which is when the rain falls from the cloud but evaporates before it hits the ground. What a joy it was to see all these beautiful clouds!
Wednesday, July 29, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This is such a beautiful scene! There is a calmness to the photo even though there is a lot of energy in the atmosphere. Love the colors. Trace
Thanks, Trace. You always get the feel for a photograph, and you captured it for this one as well. There is that sense of calm in the photograph.
Post a Comment