Today was Dunkin' day at the beach. It was very windy and there were low gray clouds overhead. I noticed these red and green flags frantically blowing in the breeze and wondered what it might look like if I tried to take a photograph of the flags against the sky. I really only tried one view, with a slight move from left to right to get the flags so they didn't overlap. These are not about storm warnings at all, of course. They are the flags posted on the beach, with one set to the right of the lifeguard tower, and an identical set to the left of the tower, so that the swimmers know where to swim and where not to swim. I like the photograph a lot because of the mood it establishes.
Tuesday, July 21, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I don't think of yesterday as being a swim day.. I was getting constant warnings about hazardous flooding and possible tornadoes, but I want to more about the red and green flags as this is a first for me.
Post a Comment