Sunday, July 26, 2026

The Ghost Building


When I came up out of the subway I saw this building right away.  It looked like a ghost building instead of a real building.  So this building looks like this because they are doing some kind of construction on the outside.  They have set up scaffolding to work on the building, and then think they have regulations that some kind of fabric has to surround the scaffolding, I believe so that if anything was dropped, the fabric would keep it from falling out into the street.  So that's what makes it a ghost building.



 

2 comments:

ken schwarz said...

The ghost like material on this building is called "Debris Netting", which is a woven mesh fabric made from light-weight and strong polyethylene yarn. And, yes, this material is used to protect people below. This is a high-volume and relative low- margin product that is probably made in Asia.

Ken Spencer said...

Primo! I never THOUGHT to ask the expert in coated fabrics just what this material was! Shame on me! How could I forget that of course you know all this! Thanks for all the information!