Wednesday, June 3, 2026

Purple Flowers


The other day I spoke of dropping my car off for an inspection in Glen Head, and then walking home. When the car was done I walked the two miles back to the garage.  I photographed on both walks and this photograph of flowers is a favorite.  I love the purple flowers in this photograph and so spent some time trying to get a nice photograph of them and the other plants around them.  Fortunately, I have faithful readers who will know what flowers these are. Thank you in advance!

 

4 comments:

Joan Edwards said...

Beautiful! I think it is Salvia and will be in bloom for awhile. It really stands out with light green foliage behind the blossoms.

Betsey said...

The purple against the light green is perfect contrast

Anonymous said...

We have those in our yard- so easy to take care of and bloom all summer - Neen

Ken Spencer said...

Joan, thanks for the identification. I really appreciate it, and if I photograph this flower again, since I am old, I will be asking again what the name is! :-)