Friday, August 28, 2026

The Garden at Pezzi's


We have been going to this Pizza Shop for years. Back when Kathy had an office just down the street from this restaurant, we would eat dinner there from time to time.  But we have always bought our Pizza from them.  There are two brothers and their father started this restaurant and then they gradually took over the business from him.  I think it was this year, for the first time, that flowers were planted along the edge of the parking lot and it was such a nice addition and dressed the parking lot up.  I asked them who did that and they said one of the workers at the restaurant was doing it.  I really love what he did with only a one foot depth to the garden.  Today I saw this, and although it is not really a traditional garden photograph I was attracted to the textures and the patterns of the leaves and felt this was an interesting photograph, even thought the flowers are fading.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few pretty flowers left. The garden looks like it needs some weeding. Reminds me, too, as the leaves turn yellow that fall is coming. It is nice that you both have a history with one pizza place. It must be great pizza. Trace

Anonymous said...

It is so nice that you have been enjoying the same pizza place for so long. Sad to see the garden fading this early. It looks like it was a little neglected.

Ken Spencer said...

I am guessing that the garden might not have gotten the attention it needed because it was not being tended to by a gardener, but one of the employees of the pizza place, so I am guessing he could only work on it when things were quiet. It is such an improvement from a blank white fence.