I spent all day at the Hartness House Workshop which was a series of lectures all day long on so many different topics having to do with astronomy, observing and some talks about imaging in order to gather some scientific data for research. It is always such a spectacular series of talks from experts in their fields. I look forward to this talk each year. Then there was a dinner and a keynote speaker. By the time I got back to the farmhouse inn it was about `10PM and I was beat but against the forecast, it was perfectly and some of my fellow astronomers had telescopes set up out in a field that the proprietor mows, knowing that some will like to set up their telescopes.. I was too tired for that but decided to get my camera out and to do a few photographs, so that I would have a nice blog post. I cannot remember the last time I saw the Milky Way. I think it was when I was out observing at Orient Point about a year or so ago. Such a joy to stand under a dark skies, full of stars from horizon to horizon! This is a larger image, so please click on it to see more detail.
Thursday, August 13, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The Milky Way is stunning. Glad you had clear skies so you could see all those stars! WOW!
Wow!! How beautiful! Totally awesome! Trace
Amazing that you could see so much with the naked eye. Wonderful photo. Sounds like a long day but very informative.
Post a Comment