Tuesday, August 4, 2026

The Power Grid


I stop at a number of places on my bikeride.  I have checkpoints along the way that I stop and write down my times to see how I am performing as I ride.  The last place I stop is near the old power plant.  This time I just happened to look up toward the sun and saw all this electrical infrastructure.  I am not sure what is in here but it is definitely still in use, with lines leaving there and going up to a tower where they are connected to really high voltage lines.  I think there may be transformers behind the wall.  But I loved seeing all the high voltage wires and ceramic insulators everywhere within this framework. So this is all part of what brings electricity to our homes.

 

3 comments:

Betsey said...

After looking at the photo, I have to remind myself that someone designed & created this so the public has access to electricity. Amazing science!

Joan Edwards said...

So much to look at, it is crazy. I love the black lines with blue sky and white clouds showing it off.

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks so much. Fun to know that others find this photograph interesting.