Thursday, June 28, 2007

Never See The Light of Day


(Whoops! Forgot to post this last night...) I have so many negatives of landscape photographs that I have done in years past, and they have never seen the light of day, once I closed up my darkroom at home. I finally bought two scanners - an Epson 4870 which will scan my 4x5 and 6x7 negatives, and a Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 which will make beautiful scans of all my 35mm Negatives. Now I can scan and print old negatives, and hang some photos on the wall at long last. This is one such image, done in the desert while on a Mark Kett workshop in Arizona. Just gorgeous plants to look at, those saguaros. Most of my photos of these cacti are from a distance with their arms reaching toward heaven. I like this because it shows so much more detail of their physical structure.

No comments: