Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Penguin is Sold...


This is a long story... Back around 1975 I bought a beat up Penguin sailboat that was a wreck. I think I paid $50 for it, with a hole in the bottom. I spent a year rebuilding it, and when it was done, used it for frostbite sailing in the wintertime down at the yacht club. In the summer I used it to go sailing in when no one else wanted to go sailing in the Lighting sailboat we owned. We sold the Lightning and I kept the Penguin. Only thing is, it has sat in the garage for about 30 years up until now, and I wasn't sailing it, and I couldn't bear to part with it. You can see what a beautiful boat it turned out to be. Anyhow, it is long past the time that I needed to sell it, so I put an ad on Craigslist, and the first couple to call have just decided to buy it. The good news is that it will get used, and we will have much more room in the garage. But in some ways, I hate to see it go... Sigh...

No comments: