Monday, October 2, 2017

Above The Beach


The ladies were downtown shopping in Honolulu, and I was on my way to hike the trail to the top of Diamondhead.  Only it was closed because they were repairing a rockfall on the trail.  Earlier I had driven by a lighthouse on a cliff, so I went to try and photograph the lighthouse.  What I discovered was that when I stood on the cliff by the lighthouse, I could see a beautiful beach about two hundred feet below.


So I saw some people walking down a trail, and I followed them down to the beach.  There were a number of people down there, some sunbathing and some getting ready to surf.


This surfer with his board stood here for perhaps 5 or 10 minutes while he carefully studied the water and the surf, before he put his board in the water and paddled out.


I walked along the beach to try and get closer to the lighthouse, but this was the best view I could get.


And this is a view of the landscape at the bottom of the hill.  I love the neutral brown colors and the faint green color in the distance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ethereal beautiful -ld

Anonymous said...

Oh My! You gave up shopping in the cutesy stores for this? Made me think of Port Jeff. LOL Gorgeous views.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of the beach/water through the trees. Beautiful view. Also, love the two different views of the lighthouse. betsey

Anonymous said...

Beautiful place! Trace