Sunday, August 4, 2024

The Painting With Legs


NOTE:  THIS IS UNUSUAL, BUT I AM REVISING THE TEXT OF THIS POST.
I walked into this gallery of paintings, and the first thing that hit me was that the paintings were all suspended within the gallery instead of hanging on a wall.  This is quite unusual.  If you look at the second photograph, below, which is the only wide angle view of this scene, you will see in the distance, some legs of visitors underneath one of the paintings!  This got my attention right away and so I spent the rest of the time walking around looking for a great photograph of a painting with legs under it!  My best shot of that is the image above. I revised this text because I realized my original text about the artist and the works had nothing to do with my thinking about why I took the photograph above. 




 

1 comment:

Betsey said...

There are some very interesting pieces hanging throughout this exhibit. I think it’s funny that you were captivated by the “legs” underneath the paintings :-) Betsey