We have been going to the Dunkin' beach each evening when the weather is good so that Kathy can walk on the level sidewalk as she recovers from her knee replacement. So tonight after dinner we were stunned with the sunset as we walked along the beach. It was a gorgeous, colorful sunset! As many of you will recognize, I have photographed this tree against the sky so many times. But rarely with people in it. It was a pleasant evening and the parking lot was nearly full, with people just sitting on the beach enjoying the weather. After I got this photograph I walked right up to the tree and was surprised to see something.
A group of young boys with some adults present were busy doing something and when they all walked away from their project, I saw this! And it is perfect with the clouds from the sunset. They had built a cairn, which in the original Scottish Gaelic meaning is "A pile of rocks." Cairns are originally designed to mark points along a trail, so that people can find their way. Recently there have been complaints on mountail trails that some hikers have built their own cairns which is a problem because they can confuse other hikers and cause them to lose track of the trail, which is hazardous. That is not a problem here, of course because there is no trail, just a pile of rocks on the land near a beach. I do love this photograph the best, for today's shots!



No comments:
Post a Comment