On July 7 Kathy and Amy and Vivian and I went to Cedarmere, the home of William Cullen Bryant, in Roslyn, and I did a series of six photographs there, which I posted on the blog. There were so many things to photograph that I left a couple of photographs out of the post. This is one of them. It is the Mill Pond at the estate and I did a photograph of looking at the pond the long way in the first post. This is a view across it, with an Egret carefully walking along the shoreline in the shallow water. I love this photo because the Egret is such a small part of the photograph and yet we see it almost instantly. I love this photographs because of the richness of all the vegetation, both in the background and along the shore and in the pond. It is green everywhere!
Saturday, August 8, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Beautiful photo of shades of green and white. The Egret really stands out.
A beautiful and peaceful scene. The Egret does stand out among everything else. The pond is interesting too with the water lilies blooming and the amazing reflection of the trees, grass and the Egert in the water. Trace
Post a Comment