Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Magnificent Artist


OK, this is tricky business here. I took some photographs at the art museum I wrote about the other day. I am imagining that there are "bots" out there that search the internet looking for material that shouldn't be posted. Is it just my paranoia, or is it real? In any case, in all my posts, I never include the full name of any subjects, for privacy concerns. So the other day at that museum, I came face to face with simply brilliant work. Pieces that stopped me in my tracks because of their inventiveness. I was absolutely stunned! So I would rather not use the artist's full name. Do you know the class of small birds called "Finch?" That is his last name. And his first name is my last name. Got that? So for this piece, he measured the exact color of the sunlight in the sky late in the day at a particular location, and then scientifically reproduced that color indoors with this combination of colored windows. It is an amazing room to spend time in!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, cool. I was thinking, "What perfect lighting those pieces of glass create," and that turned out to be the point. I do the same thing on here with not wanting to use full names. You do it even better! :)