Monday, August 20, 2007

Welcome to East Germany


OK, so now I am an architecture critic... This is really not East Germany, but rather some new condos under construction in Providence, Rhode Island, called Waterplace. I don't like their design, and many people who live there do not either. I went online to see if I could find the architect's name, but I have been unsuccessful. Maybe they were designed by committee. The thing is, that there are many new buildings that have been built around the riverfront as part of the revitalization of the city. They have tastefully included brick as one of the construction materials, so the new structures have a connection to some of the restored old buildings. So what makes these buildings fit in? Not much at all, in my opinion. OK, end of rant.

No comments: