Monday, August 13, 2007

Mass MOCA


I was in southern Vermont for this year's Stellafane Convention, which is an amateur telescope maker's convention that has been going on since the 1930's. In the last five years or so, I allow an extra day to wander around Vermont taking photographs and just seeing the sights. This year, on Friday it was pouring rain, so I was looking on the map for a place to go, and saw Mass MOCA, the Massachusetts Museum Of Contemporary Art, in North Adams, about an hour's drive south from where I was. I have been here once before and it is an amazing place, created in the old Sprague Capacitor factory. Stunning architecture, and the exhibits are all first rate. More on that in another post, but this is a view from outside with one if its signature signs in the foreground, and in the background, the exhibit made from four trees growing upside down (two of which are dead.) As I had my finger on the shutter release, a group of pigeons took flight, and I snapped.

No comments: