Sunday, April 21, 2024

Whitestone Bridge and Manhattan


OK, DON'T PANIC!  I have always wanted to take this photograph, which is a view of the Whitestone Bridge with Manhattan behind it,  as seen from the lead up to the Throgs Neck Bridge.  This is impossible to do while driving of course, but on this day, with perfect conditions for the photograph, while I was on the approach to the bridge, I happened to be in the right lane and traffic stopped!  I was driving alone and my camera was on the rider's seat.  So I quickly grabbed it and shot through the closed window!  How lucky I was to get this!  I see this sight every time I head back to Long Island over the bridge, but it is impossible to photograph it.  Until yesterday.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot of the bridge with the city behind it. The lighting is good and it's easy to see a lot of detail on the ground below. Trace

Anonymous said...

Great shot! So much to see.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

I am happy you had an opportunity to take this photo of the Whitestone Bridge with the NYC skyline in the background ticked off on your bucket list. What makes the shot are the dark clouds above the city but with good lighting for the bridge and city beyond. I am glad to know you were fully stopped on the Throgs Neck Bridge when you clicked off this shot. Nicely done!

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all! I have seen this view for YEARS but was never able to make a photograph. I should have had Kathy drive over the bridge, and then with me in the riders seat I could shoot to my heart's content! Well, at least I have it now and I am so glad you love the view as much as I do!

Anonymous said...

Cannot believe you got this fantastic photo through the car window! Lucky shot. Betsey