Monday, June 3, 2024

Abandoned

 


There are a bunch of abandoned buildings on both sides of Sea Cliff Avenue, in Glen Cove, down the street from the Sea Cliff Railroad Station.  I have just discovered, in doing some online research, that this area which included five different closed manufacturing facilities is now called "The Sea Cliff Avenue Industrial Area."  I thought I had photographed and posted at least one of the buildings on the blog, but apparently not.  So this is a parking lot overgrown with weeds, and one of the buildings in the distance.  Both these photographs were done with my infrared camera, as you can see.  I love the unworldliness of the scene. 


So this looks like the executive offices of this site, you saw from the distance. There is a huge facility behind these offices, of only one story where manufacturing took place.  This was Slater Electric which made electrical switches and outlets and outlet boxes.  I may have go go back here and photograph these scenes again with a normal camera.  This photograph makes the site look beautiful, instead of run down and abandoned.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The infrared photos change the whole perspective. The first one makes me think of outer space. Sad that so many manufacturing companies have closed. I thought I remembered a photo of a building that had been abandoned a couple of years ago, but it was just the building site. Must have been something else.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The infrared camera makes everything magical. The first photo is from another planet!! Very cool. Betsey