Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Faces in the Crowd

 
I arrived at Penn Station at 5 PM yesterday afternoon, because I was having "Dinner With the Boys."  We were going to a restaurant at Broadway and 77th Street, so I started walking up Seventh Avenue, but it was rush hour so crowds of people were coming down Seventh Avenue to Penn Station.  At each corner there would be a pack of people waiting to cross the light, and anxious to keep walking south.  So I started taking a few photographs of the crowds.  It is amazing seeing so many different faces!  Such a rich experience for me because I love looking at people's faces and there were so many to see.  I have posted a larger than normal image so if you click on it you will see this photograph much larger than normal and you, too, can study the faces.  New York, New York!

 

5 comments:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

That's a beautiful image.

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea for a photo! It is very interesting to see all the faces. Everyone looks serious, determined or distracted. Unfortunately, not one person is smiling (maybe if it had been a Friday or Saturday?). Great photo of the diversity of New York City. Trace

Anonymous said...

It is interesting to see so many different faces and expressions, but I would not enjoy being in the middle of the crowds.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I’m walking the wrong way! Looking at this crowd makes me feel like I’m going to get run over. Only a few people seem to be looking at you. A day in the life of a New Yorker… Betsey