Saturday, June 15, 2024

Lavender


I don't know what caught my attention today with the lavender.  I was in the side yard figuring out where to set up my telescope tonight to do some observing and I just happened to notice the Lavender.  It may have been because many of the individual flowers were bent over as if they had been covered with snow and bent from their weight.  I am not sure what did that, but it caught my eye, and so I grabbed my camera and spent some time looking through the viewfinder.  This is the best of the lot because all of the Lavender is bent down to the right.  Please be sure and click on the image to see it in more detail.  It is much more interesting in a larger size.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty plant and it has such a nice fragrance. I like the way the color blends in the background and the fine details of the flower in focus. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Trace. I did a number of different views of this group of flowers, but most seemed ordinary. It was only when I moved in close that I felt I was getting a more interesting view.

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of lavender and your close up shot of it. The color is so beautiful. Betsey