Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ladybug, Ladybug...


I was brushing my teeth this morning, when I saw "her." A small dot, out of the corner of my eye, moving across the windowpane. A Ladybug! "Ladybug, ladybug, fly away home..." Don't we all think of that verse when we see one? I had to run to the basement and get the Nikon, and the Micro-Nikkor close-up lens in order to get this close. Aren't they pretty? So I watched her move around on the window and did a number of photographs. But I didn't know anything about them, really. So I went to Wikipedia: "In the United States, usually in the fall, we start seeing the ladybugs. They leave their summer feeding sites in fields, forests and yards looking for a place to spend the winter. Typically when temperatures warm to the mid 60's in the late afternoon, following a period of cooler weather, they will swarm onto or into buildings illuminated by the sun. Swarms of ladybugs fly to buildings in September through November depending on location and weather conditions. A few species are pests in North America and Europe, but they are generally considered useful insects as many species feed on aphids or scale insects, which are pests in gardens, agricultural fields, orchards, and similar places." So now you know as much as I do about ladybugs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so many Ladybugs in my office window one afternoon when the late day sunshine was streaming through that I started counting them - 32 Ladybugs!! I also looked them up on the web for more information. They appeared in that same window for @ 2 weeks then disappeared. bsk

Anonymous said...

How wonderful...and you were able to capture this moment! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Here you will find Ladybug characters. The adventures of Ladybug are quite surprising, as this character has wonderful powers and an excellent plot during the development of his story as such.
As you know, Ladybug is a girl, “Marinette Dupain-Cheng “of quite cheerful, intelligent and cunning high school, who was chosen in an unknown way by “fu” (character who gave him a prodigy that allows him to obtain certain super powers). https://www.superheroeweb.com/en/miraculous-ladybug-characters/