Monday, December 21, 2009

A Random Act of Kindness


I have been checking with friends for the last few days to see how deep the snow has been in various places on Long Island. It was looking pretty grim - I was expecting from 14 to 19 inches of snow when we got home. And the problem was, we were due home at about 10 PM. And the show shovels are locked in the garage. I was not looking forward to dragging suitcases through that much snow to get to the front door. Oh man... You cannot imagine my complete and total surprise then, when the airport service car pulled up in front of the house, and the driveway was almost completely shoveled! WHAT? Who DID this? We don't know anyone with a snow blower! I kid you not. Not only that, but the front steps and front porch were shoveled off besides. I am absolutely stunned. How nice to wheel the suitcases up the driveway and across the porch. Welcome home, indeed! A true "Random Act of Kindness" Wow! This is a photo from the back door of the cars and the garage

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have caring neighbors! Welcome Home.
Joan

Anonymous said...

My neighbor cleaned off my car Sunday morning before I got outside - I'm very lucky to have a thoughtful neighbor, also. Spread the goodwill around - 'tis the season! bsk

ken schwarz said...

Wonderful snow scene! Wonderfully thoughtful neighbor!