Saturday, December 22, 2012

Vanishing Venice

We have been coming out to Los Angeles since 2005, and it is amazing that in Venice alone, so many businesses have disappeared, for one reason or another. This is Lincoln Fabrics, my favorite fabric store. I have bought material here for photographic backdrops, and for making laptop sleeves and other projects that I forget. It was a funky warehouse kind of place, but fun to go searching in. I was so surprised to see that it closed back in October. I love the colors of blue in this, with the darker blue the same color as the sky. It was tough to pick this wide-angle view, because there are some interesting close-ups of strange mannequins in the abandoned display windows, wearing really weird clothing - you can see one in the lower right corner of the photo.

No comments: