Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Drawing Craters on the Moon



I did the program tonight at our astronomy club.  The project was to learn how to draw features on the surface of the moon, like craters.  They viewed one image of a crater projected on the screen which they used to draw from.  I can't take credit for the idea of the talk.  I attended this talk at the Northeast Astronomy Forum back in the spring, given by the president of the Astronomical League.  The author was kind enough to send me his Powerpoint presentation which I presented tonight.  Here's the really cool part - almost everyone said "I'm not an artist, I can't possibly do this."  I suggested they try anyway.  So many of the people were stunned that they could make such a nice drawing!  It was really rewarding to see how happy and surprised they were.    Please click on the second photograph to see the drawing in detail.


No comments: