Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Progress



Back in December of 2018 I first posted a photograph of this house, after it had been sold.  It looked so forlorn at dusk, with no lights in the windows. and the wear and tear of nearly a century on it.  So I have shown some early work on the renovations in an earlier post.  But look at it now!  Most of the siding has been removed, and plywood has replaced wood that was missing.  All the windows have been replaced with modern one, and now they have added this blue insulation material on the outside.  I'm guessing that it will be the base for whatever siding they put on the outside.  Can't wait to see what happens next, and I, of course, will keep you in the loop!


If, like me, you can't recall all the details, here is the first photograph I took back in December, 2018.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the progression. I look forward to seeing the new siding.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Looking back and forth between the two photos, I realized that there were two front doors. Plus, the tiny "porch" around the fireplace. Looking forward to seeing what is next...betsey

Anonymous said...

Interesting to follow the change. I am looking forward to seeing the finished house. Trace

Anonymous said...

Oh, JOY!!! Someone is breathing new life into This Old House! What a happy, positive thing! Too many wonderful old houses here are falling to the wrecking ball. This is one thing that I applaud Sea Cliff for...a dedication to preservation . Thank you for showing us the progress of this house. Long may it live...for another century! Babs