Saturday, August 3, 2019

Stellafane Cowboy


Stan and I were sitting eating lunch when I noticed this man at the next table, with his straw Stetson and his guitar.  I may have mentioned it before, but at Stellafane, I wear a straw Stetson to keep the sun off my face.  So I thought about it for a few minutes, and then went over and asked him if I could take his portrait.  He said "sure."  So I took him over to a nearby building with rough wood walls, as a background.  I am not sure exactly why he was there - I asked if he was interested in astronomy, and he said he wasn't.  He lives nearby and said he just wanted to see what was going on here at Stellafane.  So I spent about 5 or 10 minutes doing some different versions of this photograph.  I gave him my email address and said that if he wanted copies, to send me an email and I would send along some of the photographs.

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

Why didn't you photograph him with his horse?

Ken Spencer said...

Not all cowboys have horses...