Friday, August 2, 2019

Stellafane!


Stellafane!  I'm here again!  This is my 31st year in a row of attending this convention.  We had a really busy day today.  Stan and I drove down to Mass MoCA and spent the day looking at the exhibits, before driving back to "Breezy Hill" where the conference is held.  First thing we did before dinner was to set up my scope so that it could "cool down" and be ready for observing in several hours.  Stan took this photo of me with my scope, set up on the field, with a whole bunch of other scopes already set up in the background.  After dinner there were some informal talks and then it got dark so we did a bit of observing.  The skies were not perfectly clear, but there were enough objects to look at before it clouded up.  Not a bad start to the weekend.  (Photograph by Stan Honda)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great that Stan traveled with you this year. And the bonus is that we get to see photos of you in the process!. Love your RIT hat! Like the silver metallic covers for all the telescopes in background of your pic. Can't wait to see more photos...betsey