Thursday, August 8, 2019

"Why Would We Have To Cancel..."

 

We had a Moon Watch scheduled at Old Westbury Gardens tonight.  It was clear all day, and then at about 6 PM I noticed a line of thunderstorms over Pennsylvania approaching.  I thought maybe they would move through before the start of our observing session.  So I drove down to the site.  Not long after I arrived, these clouds moved in.  Yikes!  We decided that we all needed to get out of there in a hurry.  I didn't drive through any rain on the way home, but I was watching radar on my phone, an a huge storm came through to the west of us.  It made a mess of the planes taking off and landing at JFK!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I see a thunderstorm approaching, I advise Will that it's time to go out and trim the hedge with the electric clippers, while standing in a bucket of water!! Luckily, YOU don't take any chances!! Babs

Ken Spencer said...

You made me laugh out loud with that one! Thanks! We were gone after the first distant lighting strike!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha - I love Babs' comment! Those clouds look like the "end". I'd be outta there...betsey

Anonymous said...

Hahaha - I love Babs' comment! Those clouds look like the "end". I'd be outta there...betsey