Saturday, October 20, 2012

Almost a Cyborg

This is my friend Glenn, and he is a brilliant guy. He is a computer programmer by trade, and a photographer with a good eye, and an inveterate tinkerer. His latest project is a "Heads Up Display" on a pair of glasses. The object is to present data from a mini LCD screen on a beamsplitter mirror. The result is that you could be flying a plane, for instance, and looking out the windscreen, and have the numbers like airspeed and heading displayed in the glasses, while still looking through them. HUD's are an important part of all modern jet fighter aircraft. So Glenn wanted to show me his prototype glasses. I got to try them on, and then when he put them on, I knew I had a photograph!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy! Are you going to order a pair when he gets his patent?
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Yes! I want a navigation program, so that when I get up from watching TeeVee I can find my way easily to the refrigerator! :-)

Anonymous said...

Is he working on a HUD for you to take pictures while you are driving??
:)..

Anonymous said...

The comment just prior to this one could be the funniest posted since this blog began!

Sam