Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Austin BBQ!

Once again, I have just had the BEST barbeque in Austin, Texas! It is at "The Iron Works" on Red River Street. I have been dreaming about coming back here since I was here three years ago! It is that good! I came down here to spend a week with my friends Ginger and Ron, and this is where we ate dinner tonight - I demanded it! It is a low key place that was originally The F.Weigl Iron Works, and evidence of its origins are everywhere. What a treat! What I love is the evidence of the building's former use, based on the shape of it, as well as the brilliant red color.

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

In the kitchen do they use an anvil instead of a cutting board?

Ken Spencer said...

Yes, and they cut things with sledge hammers and cold chisels!