Thursday, April 3, 2008

Back to the Harbor


So after two closeup photographs for the last two days, it's back to the harbor, to show you some of the photos I took when I went there a few days ago. I guess I was looking for abstractions. I liked the straight lines of the old man-made groin in the water, and the gentle curve of nature, in the sandbar at the top of the photo. I mean, I know it's not Ansel's "Moonrise" but this day seemed more like an assignment to change how I look for different ways of seeing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the abstractness of it - very intesting. I enlarged it and then had to stare at it for a minute to understand what I was looking at but when I looked at it a second time I saw somethng different - very cool.

Amy said...

Loving these new photos. I, too, was drawn to enlarge it (which I know you love!) to see the details. Incredible.

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! Thank you both! I was thinking that they were too subtle to be interesting, or something. I appreciate the nice comments.