Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Has Sprung


I remember this from when I was a kid:
"Spring has sprung,
The Grass is riz,
I wonder where
The birdies is."
Cracks me up to think of that, which I always do when spring is just around the corner. Well, yesterday, it finally felt like Spring. Finally! The temperature was around 61, and for the first time this year, I rode my bike wearing shorts. A sure sign of spring. I stopped at a nearby botanical garden to see what was up (literally) and found these flowers. Something wonderful about their color, and they were everywhere. I have been photographing gardens for about 20 years now, and still don't know the name of this particular flower. When I retire I am going to learn the latin names for all of the species. Wait! I AM retired... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture says more than its Latin name ever could. Thanks for a welcome peek at Spring.

Anonymous said...

Chionodoxa luciliae - if you want to get technical! I prefer "Glory of the Snow" as it is one of the earliest flowers to appear after a long winter - along with the crocuses - says your sister. :-)