Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Looking for Photographs


So the last three days have been really interesting in regards to my photography. Rather than stopping to shoot something that I saw that grabbed me, instead I just went to a place and looked and looked until I found something. A completely different way of shoting. The first day it was down at the harbor. Today it was the Easter Lilly on the windowsill. In fact, I think it might be illuminating for me to show you some of the variations that I did just of the lilly. This is one of the favorite final images of the Lilly shoot. It is far more abstract than my first image. I will show you the others in subsequent days.

4 comments:

Amy said...

WOW. This may be my favorite shot on your blog so far! I absolutely love it. The curves of the flower, the sharp defined flower in front of the blurred background... I love it. Retirement is doing you well so far!

Anonymous said...

amy's comment is exactly what i was thinking. spectacular,

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree. when you showed me the shoot on your computer, I fell in love with this shot. And I love your new vision..the one free of the labor of "assignment."

Anonymous said...

This is very peaceful.