Monday, April 7, 2008

The Easter Lilly, Revisited


I promised to show you some more investigations of the Easter Lilly with my camera. I still haven't shown you the overall shot of the flower, but this is the last photograph I did after spending some time looking at all the possibilities. Another abstraction, and probably the most interesting because it is not immediately obvious what it is. The point here is that I spent a lot of time first photographing the flower for what it is, and then moved on to show what ELSE it can be. A really interesting approach to a lot of subjects.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool. Thought they were bugs!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is totally cool. I would describe it as ethereal, belongs in MOMA.

Amy said...

Incredible. I want a print! This may be my new favorite now!

Anonymous said...

If you had not named the photo, it would take a while to figure out what the picture is. I really like this one.