Friday, February 19, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different, 2


Three weeks ago I saw a red pepper in the grocery store, and so bought two - one to photograph, and one to cut up and put in my salad. Only I left the photographic one out on the shelf, and in a day or two it was beyond photographing. Who knew? So I saw this one yesterday and bought it. I set up a light tonight and here it is. At least I haven't given you another snow photograph. I am amazed at the shape that some of these peppers take - they are astounding. I have no idea why they seem to double back on themselves. But this is the second one I have seen. I am fascinated by the form, of course, and spent time looking at it to come up with the most interesting angle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! This looks like a Henry Moore sculpture sprayed with red high gloss enamel paint.

MJ

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! You are so right! I never thought of that, but the minute you suggest it, it seems just like that!