Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Foggy Night


It was a very foggy drive back from my astronomy meeting tonight. As I neared Sea Cliff, the fog got thicker - closer to the water, I guess. So instead of going straight home, I decided to check out one of the parks in town that I know has a number of trees - trees disappearing into fog is always an interesting subject. First I found a picnic table, and that was interesting. The thing is, when I find a subject, I go into "tunnel vision" mode and just focus on that. After I thought I had it, then I looked around, and saw this tree with the light streaming around it. In the end, I thought that this was a stronger image. I shot it in color, but then felt the color was distracting, and so you are seeing it in black & white.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite an awe inducing shot Ken.