Friday, March 26, 2010

My New Camera - Geek Alert


I bought a new point-and-shoot camera today. I have always been happy with my Canon SD800, but... The quality of the images could be better. The images at almost all ISO settings are very "noisy" - a quality that makes the pictures look "grainy." My new camera is a Canon S90, and there is a huge improvement in quality. The new camera has an F/2.0 lens (the older one only f/2.8) and the new camera has a higher ISO setting - 3200 (the old one was only 1600). All this means better image quality, and particularly in low light conditions. One last thing - I was astounded to discover that the new camera shoots in "RAW" format, which means it collects data, and does not automatically process it at all - I do that manually, which means even better quality. I stopped by the opticians today, and while waiting, took this photo in a magnifying mirror - my hands are not twice the size of my head!

1 comment:

ken schwarz said...

There's just nothing like a new toy! Have fun!