Thursday, March 25, 2010

Trying For Something Different


I was thrilled to see a flash of yellow out by the driveway today. The Daffodils have been pushing their way up slowly, and then suddenly today - they bloomed! So I grabbed the camera and went looking for a picture. Everything I tried to shoot looked like any other photo I have ever done of Daffodils. I thought: "I can't post any of those shots - I really needed something different." For some reason I thought of putting the camera in the dirt, and pointing it up at the blossoms. Only problem was that I had no idea what the lens was seeing. The beauty of digital photography is that I can make an exposure, lift the camera up, see what is in the frame, and then put it back down and aim it slightly differently. I shot a lot of frames, and finally I was blown away by this version - looking UP at two daffodil blossoms. It felt good to feel like I was finally able to see in a new way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and cheery on this "not so Spring day"!
Joan

Anonymous said...

Evidence Spring is on the way! Beautiful!

ginger said...

who else would have thought of a slug's eye view? and made it so gorgeous!

Ken Spencer said...

A SLUG would think of a "slug's eye view" of course... :-) Thank you for your nice comment! I was astounded to look at the image after my first shot of it from underneath. Good lesson for me, to keep on looking if I don't find something the first time.