Thursday, August 26, 2010

Father & Daughter


I needed some beautiful pictures of people observing for our astronomy club website, and it is always difficult to find people and get the perfect day. Today ended up clear as a bell, and I thought this is perfect - Amy is here! So I loaded up the car after dinner and the two of us went down to the little park by the beach, and set the telescope up, and I started shooting. For a few of them, I stepped in behind her with binoculars, and used the self timer on the camera. This is the result. I was hoping for a nice picture, but to me this is really stunning! Oh, and Amy wanted to see something interesting, so I showed her the planet Venus, setting in the west, and it was only half-illuminated, which was fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more..it is 'stunning'.

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you could do this together. Great picture! bsk

Anonymous said...

Excellent photo to be sure, but I also enjoy possibly the unintended metaphor of the sunset. Searching beyond the immediate horizon . . . <-- Feel free to use this as your club's slogan ;^)