Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happiness is...


..Amy in Montauk! Amy has taken a few weeks to be in her favorite spot in the whole world - Montauk, out at the extreme east end of Long Island, where she has spent parts of her summers for the last 10 years or so. Gus was here last week, but had to fly home, and we came out for a couple of days for salt air and the beauty of the ocean. We went to the beach at Ditch Plains today, and sat and watched the surfers, and took photographs, of course. This is my favorite. I had two to pick from and had the hardest time choosing. Maybe the other one was a better portrait, but this is a better choice, in terms of it being a better photograph. Gee, after all that, maybe I need to show you the one I didn't choose, and then you decide...

5 comments:

Trace said...

In the second picture, it is her beautiful smile that stands out with the ocean behind her. "Happiness is..." is a good title for the picture. I see a strong resemblance to Liz, as well, in this picture.

Anonymous said...

I love Amy's smiling face, but you chose the best photo in #1.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Amy looks great from any angle! Glad you and Kathy enjoyed some beach time with Amy while she is in Montauk.

Anonymous said...

I really like seeing Amy's smile - she really does look so happy being at the beach. bsk

Amy said...

I love them both! It's always so funny when you turn around and there's my Dad Ken Spencer with the camera - that's what made me smile. :)