Monday, August 23, 2010

Treasure Map, or Modern Art?


Actually, it is neither. It is just my latest project. Back when I was putting a new roof on the house, I didn't quite cover a section of stripped roof properly, and wouldn't you know it rained, and when I went to bed, there was water dripping on the bed and pillow! Yikes! I climbed up on the roof, at night, and fixed it. But the damage was done. The plaster was soaked, and the top layer of plaster and paint peeled. So I am starting to fix all that. I have to use a chisel to dig out all of the buckled plaster layer, and then I will use joint compound to tape and fill in all the missing plaster. When I started taking off some of the buckled plaster, what I found underneath were sections of the wall that had been painted different colors in the past. Sort of like suburban archaeology!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting photo, but sorry to hear why it developed. One more joy of being a homeowner of an old house with plaster walls.
Joan

Amy said...

Found art, so cool. For unfortunate reasons, yes, but glad you found a photo in it.

Photodude Images said...

You should make friends with a roofer. The hell with the light guy.

Ken Spencer said...

The roofing thing was one *tiny* mistake. I did the whole roof myself, and it is perfect. It was just one little mistake in a temporary cover - and that was the night it rained! :-(