Friday, August 13, 2010

Why Is This Man Laughing?


This is my friend Jimmy "Moose" who I have known a long, long time, since college days. Whenever we get together, we manage to have fun, do goofy things and laugh a lot. The last time one of our escapades appeared on the blog, I was standing on the edge of the helipad on top of a building in Los Angeles, where he was the building engineer, and we were having a contest to see who could stand closest to the edge! Today our fun was more benign. We were sitting on the front porch here at home, and he sat in my favorite chair - an L.L. Bean Rocker - because he KNEW I wanted to sit there. So I was sitting on the wicker couch, and the sun was shining in my eyes, and I was complaining about the sun. So he dragged the rocker over near me, and held this magazine up to block the sun, while we talked. And he said: "I will block the sun for you, but I will NOT give you back your rocking chair!" So that is why he is laughing! So wonderful to have a friend like this!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jimmy! Did you ever think of moving the couch? I remember the photo from the edge and hold my breath just thinking about it. Glad you are safely on the porch!
Joan