Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stranger on the Train


I am just being melodramatic here. We took a late train out of Penn Station, and when we were nearly to Port Washington, our destination. I noticed the profile of someone in the seat ahead of us, as seen through the new molded plastic seats and the fancy curved vinyl seat and back cushions. So I took a couple of frames. I like that at first you are not sure what you are seeing. It might be someone wearing some futuristic head gear. But it is not - it's just a stranger on the train. That was a movie, right?

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Wow! This photo is amazing. The image, the composition, the colors and the simplicity make this a very interesting shot. Very cool stuff!

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks, Jas:
I really appreciate your comments!
Sorry for being a wiseacre about the Italian flour... :-).
I think we will have to order it online, but I need to check.

Photodude Images said...

Love this shot - what a great abstract. Even though it's something many of us see on a regular or even daily basis, I would not have figured it out without your narrative.