Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Silly, Stupid, Picture...


This photo is terrible.  But parts of it are good.  Let me explain.  It has occurred to me that I should be buying fewer books from amazon, and more from the local bookstore.  A friend of mine encouraged me to do this, so when I went to buy the amazing new book "Cycle of Lies" by Juliet Macur, about Lance Armstrong, I decided to take a photo of me and my new book, in front of the store, and send it.  Good idea.  But...  The sun was too bright, I was squinting and my face was all scrunched up and I had trouble seeing the screen of the phone.  It was difficult composing the image and getting both me and the book in the photo, so the result is kind of cool, with only Lance's eyes showing.  And then imagine my shock to discover that the image is all pixelated, because using the camera on the face of the phone results in a 640x480 pixel image!  That is beyond stupid!  So this whole thing should be good for a laugh, all things considered.  

2 comments:

Photodude Images said...

I notice that Lance isn't squinting in the sun.

Anonymous said...

Smiling. Happy you are supporting the local book store.
Joan