Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Stories They Could Tell...


As I walked down the hill today to the water I passed these two chairs put out at the curb with some trash bags.  I guess the people who put them out were hoping that someone would save them.  There is a broken arm from the red chair lying on the ground next to it, in case someone wanted to repair the chair.  I looked at the style of the chairs, and the age, and wondered about their history.  When were they brand new, and whose house did they live in at first?  And then what other houses did they live in, before they ended up here.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad. It looks like their life has ended.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Yes, they look pretty far gone, sad to say.

Chuck said...

The older I get, the more I think about the history behind subjects of photos like this. Like photos of elderly adults with the deep wrinkles in their facial skin that I've seen. I wonder what stories they could tell if you could pull those memories out of them.
Chuck