Friday, March 28, 2014

How To See This Building...


So I have been photographing this building for months now, as it is slowly demolished.  One of my worries is that I will overlook a particularly good way of seeing the building.  I imagine another photographer showing up and instantly doing a stunning image of the building, that I would never have seen.  So when I am looking, I ask myself, "Do I want to leave off the smokestacks in this shot?" for instance.  So I am working hard when I am around this building.  I cut the smokestacks off by zooming in on the building, and suddenly I saw all the leaning power poles!  I think the poles are more the subject of this picture, than the actual building is. Please click on this to see it in more detail - the power poles become more obvious.

No comments: